Friday, April 6, 2012

Birthday Gifts; Etsy is a Girl's Best Friend

Birthday Gifts

The stuff dreams are made of. I personally try not to put too much pressure on people to buy me anything. Mostly because I don't want to feel any obligation to return the sentiment. Not because I have ice water running through my veins.  More like baked beans and ramen noodles, due to the fact that my current budget does not extend past weekly groceries.

Can't I just tell you how much I love you?!?!?


The best birthday gift I ever got was from a man, a guy, el hombre,

an ex............

I use the term "best" loosely and here is why;

It was two nights before my twenty-something-ith (it's a word, I promise). I had just gotten home from work and there was a package at my doorstep. So excited to get my first present, I rushed inside to open it. I barely even had the will to close the door as I began my guessing. You see, I am the BEST gift guesser this side of the Mississippi. Maybe it's because I am very upfront about the gifts that I want. Maybe it's because I was spoiled as an only child and pretty much got everything I asked for. Maybe it's because I have psychic capabilities.

Who knows

I held the package in my hand. I was soft and pliable. A scarf maybe? Or that pillow cover I wanted off ebay? It had to be the pillow cover. So excited, I flipped the package over and began to pull open the envelope.

That's when I saw it. In small print, across the fold, the label read, "Tshirts.com"

My jaw dropped.....I laughed a little, "He's such a jokster! Wrapping my gift in a package from a T-shirt website to try and throw me off! Ha!"

Ha......ha......ha.

I ripped open the package and pulled out a plastic bag. It was white and didn't look anything like the pillow cover.  This is when I realized, there was no pillow cover, that was a pipe dream. This!!! This was in fact.... A T-shirt. I unfolded it and held the cotton masterpiece up in front of me. Across the chest it read:

I heart Revit


For those who are not familiar, Revit is a computer program used by Interior Designers, among other professions. "If you want to get anywhere in the next five years, You need to know Revit," As my instructor always said.  And yes, I do heart Revit. It's useful, and practical, and you can work in both 2D and 3D simultaneously.

Do I want to wear a banner advertising it across my chest?

No, that is what my resume is for.

...................Am I selfish?!?!?!?!?!


Fine, I am! For my birthday I want thought and effort and impracticality. The times I want a vacuum cleaner or new underwear, I will ask for them!

All other times, fall under the fail safe category of jewelry.  Not from Kay, every kiss does not begin with Kay. At least not ones from me anyway.

Not the expensive stuff either. There is no need to spend a fortune, just put some thought into it. Ask a friend, Check out etsy. Guys, it's actually way easier than you think!

In fact, I have started a bookmarks tab labeled Buy me these things, so in the future, gifts like this don't happen.



My need for full control strikes again.

I'm pretty sure I will be single forever after I publish this.  But I like being single. It saves me money on birthdays and Christmas.

-The End

1 comment:

shamraiz said...

Out side light is always better, this is one amazing Creation! The more I look the more I see!! I love it!
Send Gifts to Pakistan From UK